BAJA SAUCE (Taco Bell Clone)

Everyone is posting spicy and delicious recipes for Cinco de Mayo, so I thought I would post one of my favorite "go withs".  This cold, creamy and spicy condiment can be used on anything that you would use sour cream on; it is delicious on beef tacos, enchiladas, fish tacos, veggies and much more. Just make sure you let it sit in the fridge overnight before serving it. We call it Baja Sauce at our house.

¼ of a red bell pepper
1 jalapeno sliced (see note below)
2 tablespoons diced onion
Put the above ingredients in a food processor, and chop until very fine.

Mix 6 teaspoons of the above chopped mixture with:
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vinegar
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon ground cumin

Mix well and cover. Chill overnight.
NOTE:  I use a very small jalapeno and remove the seeds and ribs  to lessen the heat factor for picky-picky husband, but if you like more "heat", use a larger pepper or leave some of the seeds  in.

NOTE: I've never tried Miracle Whip in this recipe, so I can't comment on that. I used light mayonnaise and light sour cream and it worked very well.

NOTE: This keeps in the fridge for several days.
Bookmark and Share